Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid announced the release of 22 Afghan soldiers in Ghazni Province, central Afghanistan, while US forces confirmed that Kandahar airport had been attacked and described as a failure.
Mujahid added that the process of releasing the Afghan government detainees from the movement will continue until the blessed Eid al-Fitr, upon a decision by the movement’s leader. Read also fghanistan .. The Doha meeting calls for a comprehensive solution and discusses removing the names of Taliban leaders from the sanctions list Afghanistan .. International envoys meet in Doha and the withdrawal of foreign forces continues Le Monde: After 20 years of intervention, America has turned Afghanistan into a narco-state
Yesterday, the Taliban announced the capture of 23 Afghan soldiers in the same province, while the local authorities denied capturing any of their forces.
On the other hand, the Afghan Ministry of Defense announced that 15 Taliban militants were killed and 10 others were wounded in an air strike last night in Ghazni Province, central Afghanistan.
Zabihullah Mujahid had warned that delaying the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan is considered by the movement to be a violation of the Doha Agreement.
On the other hand, the spokesman for the US forces in Afghanistan, Sony Leggett, said that the US forces carried out a raid yesterday evening that destroyed missiles targeting Kandahar airport.
The spokesman had announced earlier in a tweet on Kandahar airport that there had been a failed attack, which did not cause any losses. He said that the airport, which houses US and foreign forces, received indirect and ineffective fire on Saturday afternoon.
In his tweet, he published a statement by the commander of US forces in Afghanistan, Scott Miller, in which he said that a return to violence would be tragic and meaningless, indicating the availability of military means to respond to any kind of attacks. Advertising
Killed and wounded in a fire in oil tanks
On the other hand, a spokesman for the Afghan Interior Ministry announced that 7 people were killed and 14 others were injured in a fire that broke out in oil tankers north of the Afghan capital, Kabul, while media sources said that the death toll from the fire reached 10.
A spokesman for the Afghan Ministry of Interior, Tariq Erian, said that one of the fuel trucks caught fire, then spread to dozens of other trucks that were parked nearby, and it was not clear until now the cause of the fire.
The fire was so big that residents could see it from all over the city, and at least 3 loud explosions were heard.
The country’s utility company said the fire had cut off electricity, leaving many parts of the city in darkness.
It is noteworthy that a huge fire occurred in mid-February on the border between Afghanistan and Iran, which included hundreds of trucks and containers worth millions of dollars after a fuel truck exploded, and the fire resulted in the injury of at least 17 people.